The AGL Unified Code Base (UCB) is a Linux distribution built from the ground up through a joint effort by automakers and suppliers to deliver a modern in-vehicle infotainment and connected car experience for consumers.
The goal of the UCB infotainment platform is to provide 70-80% of the starting point for a production project. This enables automakers and suppliers to focus their resources on customizing the other 20-30% to meet their unique product needs.
Key features include:
- AGL Application Framework
- ConnMan network management for pairing multiple devices
- Vehicle bus messaging with built-in security to prevent unwanted intrusions
- Audio routing and mixing
- Multiple display capability (front and rear seat)
- IP Network Manager with WiFi and LTE
- Linux Security Module
- Linux-based distribution using Yocto Project
- Device Profiles for Telematics, Instrument Cluster
- Speech Recognition APIs
The latest release, UCB 13.0 (Magic Marlin), is available for download here.
The AGL Unified Code Base supports a number of reference hardware boards and QEMU emulation. The complete list of supported hardware along with prebuilt binaries and build instructions can be found on this site.